Interesting searches...

Wow...may I first of all say that the responses on that last post were amazing. Thank you for sharing. Whenever you open yourself up like that, you can trust that you just made someone else feel not so alone. Authenticity and transparency spread like a awesome fungus.

So anyway - I always love the google searches that land people here at This Is REVERB.

I use Statcounter to figure these things out. Here are some of the good ones from this week:

* son uses too much toilet paper OCD - I would have to assume this came from this post.

* trouble with neti pot - Yeah, that's gotta be this one.

* 8 ball eye syndrome - Hmm...8 ball huh? How about this post.

* a truck hit me - Or at least it felt like it in this one.

Of course there are many other paths people use to find this blog. It's a bit humbling to me to see (via Technorati) that 90 people have linked to this blog from their blogs. That is amazing. And it's truly appreciated...while I love the attention, the really nifty thing is that I'm getting to know so many of you through your blogs and comments.

Some of you I know in real life and some of you only on the web. And then there are some of you who I am meeting in real life after meeting you one the interwebernet. People like Cheri.

Cheri, her husband Kirk, and their daughter Cara came to Vineyard Westside this past Sunday and I got to match up real faces to digital ones. Pretty cool. Here's proof:

DSC04564

The internet is a funny place. What used to be super strange and awkward is becoming more and more normal and accepted. Carlos over @ www.ragamuffinsoul.com is onto something. He's always talking about authentic community being a real possibility online.

So...all that to say thanks. Thanks for the link love. Thanks for sharing yourselves via comments and emails. Thanks for making me think...more.

I can't wait to get to know you more. You're making this blog interesting.

19 waggish utterances thus far...:

Anonymous said...

haha .. the too much toilet paper thing made me laugh so hard.
I had someone read my blog because they typed "ryan this is reverb" and I mentioned how I read your blog in one of my posts.
So yeah ... you're becoming pretty popular in the blog world.
Keep it up.

Helen Ann said...

You are taking over the blogosphere, brother! Will you remember the little people when your famous? :) :)

achildoftheking said...

Ryan, your blog is one of the best blogs I've ever come across on the interweb. I'd be crazy for not following & commenting. You're real good at this blog thing. Thanks!

Cara said...

It was fun meeting you i'm excited to come back to the VWS, i guess i should update that blog of mine now!

darthmom said...

Your blog is the first blog I have ever read! I linked to it through VWS when we were "investigating" new churches to try out. I read your whole blog -- all the archives, etc -- in a few days because it was so interesting (and you write really well)! I linked to PW's blog and several other blogs through the people who have commented on your blog. Now I spend way too much time on the computer!! But its interesting and fun!

Reverb said...

Darth Mom! I am curious who you are! Have we met in person? If not...we need to at church!

mdvelazquez said...

I found you through PW, but I keep reading because I find your voice refreshing and inspiring. Thank you for sharing.

Maria

jerseygirlabroad said...

Hey Ryan! I, too, found you through PW, but continue to follow because I like your blog. My own blog is not nearly as interesting, and because of my work, it's limited to those who are invited. But, I added you to the invite list in case you want to stop by. Blessings!

Jessi said...

I'm yet another person who found you through PW and stuck around because your blog is so great. I link to you through Google Reader so I always know when you post. I really enjoy reading your posts and what you have to say about being a Christian in the world today. I don't always comment, but I always read. Thanks for giving me something great to read!

Jenn in Tenn said...

Normally I'm just a lurker but today I decided to comment and say ditto on panykattack's comment. I found you through PW, thought your blog was great..and look forward every day to my google reader to see what's new with you. I was having an especially dark day Tuesday, and wanted to post my "fill-in-the-blank" entry, but had problems with the 'puter... I think just typing the words helped me through that moment, even if they didn't make it through to anyone else's eyes. I know what I'm going through is my own personal battle, as well as my own fault, but knowing there are people like you out there is so refreshing. Thank you for being you and sharing your life with us.

snobound said...

Found ya through PW also, but knew you were a kindred spirit when I saw a pic of Jungle Jim's on your right banner! Anyone who shops at JJ's has to ROCK!! I've had ya linked in my Blogroll for quite a while.

angie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sonja Chandler (The Sideline Mom) said...

Ok in all honesty I must say I just watched the Neti pot video and have not laughed that hard since I read PW's story about the male steer who got his private parts frozen to the ground.
Ryan you are H I L A R I O U S!

Thanks for the GREAT laugh. What a way to start a day. With laughter.
Thats the way it should be.

Your a good one.

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

From the first time I visited your blog {through PW when her sister had her baby} I kept coming back. I love reading it, it's so thoughtful and you have a wonderful way of connecting with people. If only I lived near you so I could check out your church and give you a cookie.

puddleboy said...

And as a side note related to "someone"'s post, the words "spelling nazi" can be written without the use of any w's! See this link
;)

Debbie said...

I too, found you through PW. I liked your tatoos and thought who is this cool Pastor who can cook? I now visit everyday. Your perspective on life is fascinating and you make me laugh - a definite bonus. Wish I lived near your church.

DanThoms said...

I visit your page because I get really bored at work. Oh, and the content is pretty good too I guess.

ConnieC said...

I found you through PW. I read blogs in Bloglines (a blog reader), so I don't usually see the outside stuff on her blog. I only see the latest entry, unless I do an extra click. So it took me 2 weeks to figure out how to find you. I just knew those tattoos weren't Ree's.

I added you to my Bloglines list, because of the whole pastor with tattoos thing. I knew I needed to find out more. And I've enjoyed reading more about your life and family.

Nate said...

Hey, just thought I would say been reading your blog off and on for a while, I am the son of Cheri, sister to Cara, the ones you met the other day.

The pictures you take are amazing. Particularly like the of the new tires as well as the b&w fountain picture! Well done.