Do not watch this video...

...if you are:

* Prone to whininess.
* Prone to being offended.
* Prone to a moral high-horse.
* Prone to a weak stomach.
* Prone to liking me for my mad pastoral skillz.

What you are about to see is not a re-enactment. This event took place yesterday afternoon during the lousy Bengals game. My brother-in-law Chris called me a few days prior to see if I would be available with my video camera to film something important. A milk challenge.

You've been warned.


Milk Challenge: White Vomit Edition. from Ryan Detzel on Vimeo.

29 waggish utterances thus far...:

Jennifer said...

I love it. It seems like it would be quite easy, but apparently not, LOL

Ryan Ostrander said...

That's awesome!!! Great edit.

Unknown said...

Absolutely awesome! "Drank that last bit a little too quick."

darthmom said...

What a wuss! My 7 year old daughter could drink a gallon of milk and keep it down! Well, it would have to be chocolate milk.

Anonymous said...

The funny thing, is immediately after hurling, I felt perfectly fine. To any one that hasnt heard of this before. It is much -much- harder than it sounds first hand. Drinking it is easy. Keeping it down is what this challenge is all about.

Unknown said...

Why oh why is this blocked at work!!!!! Argh!

DanThoms said...

Aw man, I'm glad you posted this. That was a noble effort. I've always been that guy who said, "sure, no one else can do it but I think I can." so I understand the urge to try.

Tracy said...

Oh man!! Who would've thought that would be that hard.

Matt said...

Ias.... :: shakes head :: you just can't chugg it like that. You had it til then. ;)

Cheri said...

Awesome! When I was Director of Student Ministries at our church we did the milk challenge. An adult male and a HS student "trained" all day by eating light. In the end, they both hurled. It's impossible they say -- just sounds possible.

The Sprechers said...

Guess the body just knows when you've pushed it too far! Nice try though.

Katelyn said...

Ha this is a great video!

However, I always heard it was impossible to drink one gallon of milk in an hour and keep it down. I heard the reason why is your body can't process it fast enough, so your esophagus fills up until it can't take it any more ...and it comes spilling out. I'm not sure how valid that is, but that's what I've always been told. :P

Kelly said...

That is gross! I hate milk so one cup would have made me hurl. Sitting in the stands at the Bengals game made me want to hurl-they gave up!

Brad Ruggles said...

lol...As a former youth pastor I've seen that many times. It just never gets old! :-)

Krista said...

I adhere to the rule that milk mysteriously expands. It's why you drink it with cookies, forget about washing them down. It stops you from eating the whole pack.
Drinking that much water is easy ... but milk? Milk'll get you every time.

puddlegirl said...

ok I caved... and watched... I just had to know.

Sonja Chandler (The Sideline Mom) said...

Prone to
whininess - nope, it's unattractive
offended - I'm to busy to be
moral high-horse -got off that years ago
weak stomach - Nah, I live with two boys
liking you for mad pastoral skillz - it's more than just that bro

That said... great try on the milk chug, but it's impossible. That's what they say.

teri1960sumpthin said...

In a word...GROSS! ugghhh, I shoulda taken your warning more seriously...ack!

Gina said...

Speaking of videos. Have you seen the "Kill and Destroy" Obama video. I wept. I've posted it on my site. I think it's something you would find interesting.

She Knits Flying Monkeys said...

Needs to work on his aim...

Amy said...

um...didn't watch the video, kind of got the jist of it from the posts but just wanted to say "GO STEELERS!" woo hooooooo :P

DMK said...

Thanks for the warning; I skipped it! :)

Holly said...

My favorite line, "Do you want to start over with a new strategy???"

HAhaHA!

mdvelazquez said...

Dude! I was gagging after he consumed the first half. Kudos, Chris!

puddleboy said...

Let's be clear, it wasn't Chris (me) drinking the milk -- I simply instigated and arranged the unholy union. The featured imbiber is Eric (poster "arizorz" above).

Tracy said...

You and Chris ara a hoot! This made me laugh but not as hard as Andrea trying to "draw" the word GNAW in Pictionay.

puddleboy said...

Clearly, it would be easier to draw a WANG and then get people to say it backwards than do actually draw something gnawing.

Anonymous said...

make him do another challenge with chocolate milk!

Mom2Mom Ministry said...

What boys will do with even the simpliest toys . I may never drink milk again!!!!!!
julie