5,5,5,5,5...

Five Spots.

Here are 5 photos taken on my phone:

IMG_0004

IMG_0011

IMG_0003

IMG_0021

IMG_0006

5 Guilty Pleasures would include:

1. Diet Mountain Dew

2. Pizza Lunchables

3. Taco Bell

4. Pumpkin Spice Lattes

5. Cadbury Eggs

5 random photos from Photobooth:

Photo 944

Photo 864

Photo 729

Photo 673

Photo 570


5 strange things about my family:

1. My Great Uncle Truman's ashes are safely stored in a Chock Full O' Nuts can...in my grandparents garage...by some tools.

2. The single greatest "inheritance" I ever received was from that same Great Uncle Truman. It was an entire freezer full of Meals on Wheels breakfasts/dinners. Silver dollar pancakes and Salisbury steak. My dad and I ate every single one of them.

3. My wife Allison once received a bowling trophy that she didn't deserve. It haunts her to this very day.

4. My sister, Amie, is currently incarcerated for multiple drug and theft charges. It's somewhat hard to say, but we love when she's in jail. We know she's safe right now compared to her normal life. She was once shot in the back with a 9mm, kidnapped, and thrown from a car at nearly 100mph. I'll have to tell you more about that some time...

5. My wife's father, uncle, and grandpa are all judges. Dating was interesting.


My 5 favorite YouTube videos right now:

Ronald Jenkees
is amazing...








Car doesn't notice kids' skate ramp...


That's all for today folks.

Why don't you join in on the time-waste? Link back to this blog entry and everyone can see your 5's. Come on...it's sure to be fivish.

10 waggish utterances thus far...:

Michael Joseph Sharp said...

Cool pics, Ryan. Your family is beautiful.

I've posted some pictures on my blog of friends going through some very difficult times, and they could certainly use prayer. They are Westsiders, and Believers, but do not attend VWS. If you get a moment, check out the pictures and send them some good thoughts.

http://sensemaking-in-cincinnati.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Emme said...

Love the pics and your transparency, as usual. The You Tube video of the dancing church singers is way too funny. oh. my. goodness. Tell me Jesus isn't giggling just a little bit about that?! (in only the most loving way, I mean of course!)

achildoftheking said...

LOL Ryan.. I don't use my blog for this kind of randomness. Maybe I could use a different blog for this?

I mostly enjoy looking at your posts. Sometimes something you say on yours inspires something in me.

I like this post today. Thanks.

Sondre Lyn said...

I know what you mean about your sister, we have similar issues with a close relative. We love him SO MUCH!!!

Holly said...

You never cease to amaze and amuse me. The videos were a crack up. You know how some denominations think it is a sin to dance? Well maybe that 4th video shows that they are on to something!!! :)

(actually, I can rememmber an era when the "Jesus is my Friend" song would have been edgy, cool, and completely offensive to many Christian people!)

melanie said...

Holy cow. The dancing church pretty-people are nauseating and hilarious at the same time. The guys playing keyboard and drums look like they are on the Lawrence Welk show or something. Do you think that was made as a joke?

The Bonz said...

Great post! I followed a link from Pioneer Woman several weeks ago now, but this is my first comment ... that "Jesus is my friend" video is MAKING me do it! ROTFLMBO

I forwarded the two "Christian" videos to my coworkers - a senior pastor & worship pastor at the church where I work (I'm the administrator). Yanno you just don't see a lot of good worship videos like that ... [snickering]

Thanks for the poignant thoughts and hilarious videos ... if I didn't have a sense of humor about life and people, I don't think I could have stayed this long in any sort of organized religion (going on 19 years now).

Bless you & your family!

— Bonz

She Knits Flying Monkeys said...

Ok, you gotta be impressed by the integrity of that skateboard ramp... Thanks. I have a headache from laughing. Watch the kid in the blue shirt...

Jessi said...

I love that Sonseed video. We played it during the preservice portion of church one day and it was awesome.
Also, I have not been able to figure out what the following phrase is even supposed to mean: "The renewed mind is the key to the Christ in me."
Huh? HUH??

Kate said...

Totally understand the feeling relief when a loved one is in jail. It means they can't do anything else to screw up their life for a few days and gives you a breather. Hang in there.