Zonked...




Me = Zonked. Wiped out. Drained.

I spoke three times this week on the topic of Royalty...the second half of a 2-part teaching at Vineyard Westside. It's so strange because to teach gives much such an incredible energy and it brings life to me...I know I am supposed to be a teacher and I love to teach. However, after the initial high is over, I'm kaput. I went to "church" today and "worked" from approximately 7am to a little after noon. 5 hours.

And yet I feel like I worked a full 40-hour work week just today.

I think I'll take the day off tomorrow.

Have you ever recognized something that brings you life, but also sucks the life right out of you?

10 waggish utterances thus far...:

Helen Ann said...

Writing, performing, teaching, praying...All those bring life to me and can also whip my hiney...But its a good, accomplished sort of whippin' :) If you told me I'd have to work the 2nd or 3rd shift for a regular old job - even a good job - I'd rail against it...But I can stay up til 3 or 4am writing without batting an eyelash. I pay for it the next day but I don't feel it was for the grind...Know what I mean?

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Taking care of my 3 month old daughter. I used to be able to work 14 hour shifts in a restaurant with no complaints ... but nursing, diapering, playing, teaching, loving, snuggling, and praising my daughter zaps my energy big time. But I love every minute of it at the same time.

Alice said...

I've definately noticed that. Mondays are recovery days for me.

Anonymous said...

So I just started reading your blog a few days ago. It's kind of great. I'm from PA, but currently going to school at Liberty in VA. I say this only so you can be like ... "Whoa, I have people that read my stuff that don't go to my church. How awesome am I?" Then you can have a little dance party or something.

Anyway ... I love serving people. Behind the scenes. Just taking care of the little odds and ends for them. But sometimes, after a rush of people has left my house and I've fed them, played games with them, and truly enjoyed them ... I want to find the couch and rest. Maybe it's just God's blessing. We serve for Him, and He gives us almost immediate rest.

At least that's how it works in a Kelsea world ...

kimmyk said...

my children.

love my children. but oh holy heck. they suck the life right out of me somedays. nonstop running sometimes.

keltic said...

I think in teaching or in raising a child (as others have mentioned) you are sharing a part of your soul with others - not just doing a "job"...and I've found that when it's teaching someone about something as personal and as important as your faith, it can be very draining, because you care so much about whether they're "getting it" or not. Hmm.. hope that made sense. :)

-kelli www.meinplace.com

She Knits Flying Monkeys said...

Yes. My children.

Tim said...

You deserve the day off...your teaching on royalty was great!....Peace

Holly said...

The first time we did an evening worship music service that lasted 1&1/2 hours, it took the whole band about 2 days to recover. We were stunned.

Eric said...

I know the feeling of being totally wiped out physically and mentally. Your teaching this weekend was great, your best yet. You definitely should take some time to recover.