Oh, snap...

While I'd love to give you an update from our camping trip...more insane events have been in the works around the Cincinnati area. We've had massive trees falling all around us due to winds in excess of 60+ mph! My entire street is wrecked. Tomorrow should be a fun day of clean up.

Our electricity is out as well as around 700,000 others in Cincy. Please pray for us as they're saying it could be 2-3 days before we recieve our power back. Fires have been breaking out and I just heard that three people have been confirmed dead due to falling trees.

I'll give you an update when I can...hugs and kisses.

Post Script: Here's the thought of the day - You can really tell what kind of parent you are when you have a 2 year old and no electricity. I'm just saying...

11 waggish utterances thus far...:

Katelyn said...

We have had straight line winds and are under a wind advisory as well. I'm about 2 1/2 hours North West of Cincy in Indiana, so I'm rather close. My mom in the south has been without power for a day now. A tree landed on our power lines at home.

I hope ya'll get your power back soon!

Cheri said...

Well, my daughter is in Cincy, and I'm in Rochester, MN. She's without power too, with no way to charge her cell phone, so our calls will be short now!

She tells me the lines at the gas stations, grocery stores and fast food joints are long...and Arby's ran out of roast beef!

TERI said...

Prayers from Idaho to you and yours in Cincy.

Unknown said...

We got power back at 4 am, we're one of the lucky 200,000. There are still 500,000 without it.

Jennifer said...

Hello, I'm from Dayton and someone just linked to your blog on mine. Things were very bad up here, too. Looks like a war zone out there. No fatalities that I have heard of, though, so we're thankful for that! Stay safe!

Brad Ruggles said...

A 2-year-old with no electricity? Dude, Praying for you!!

Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear that! We had a similar storm here in PA a few years ago. It was crazy! Power outages everywhere! My brother is at Kent State and I have family in Columbus. You are all in my thoughts and prayers!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Ryan - I'm a reader in Columbus - we've got about 400,000 people without power here as well and we seem to be suffering from the same damage. I'm so happy that we've made it through with just minor damages and no lives lost.

Take care!
~Laura

She Knits Flying Monkeys said...

Prayers your way...

Unknown said...

Thinking of you and sending good vibes your way.

achildoftheking said...

Prayers for you and your family Ryan. My mom is in Louisville, KY and she told me today that she was having some wind and some tree limbs down. Fun job cleaning up, NOT!