I admit it...I'm a stat ho...

105889629-L

We can't help it...as humans we are always trying to measure things. This isn't necessarily a bad thing...it's just the way we're wired. We love to know how much of this or the percentage of that. Who doesn't like a good statistic?

And so I admit it...I think it's pretty cool that I'm up to almost 200 readers on my feedburner. I remember when I found out I had 10 readers and I was excited about that. This means that of the 800 or so readers I have each day, close to 200 of you are checking back very regularly through an RSS reader. For those of you who don't know what RSS is...it means Really Simple Syndication. It can stand for other things too...but they're less awesome.

I like the explaination of what RSS is all about on this website ---> Creative Curio (What is RSS?)

My favorite thing to check as far as stats go with my blog is the keyword analysis on my statcounter. Statcounter is a great little tool to use to find out who is coming to your blog and how they're getting there. I'm sure there are other stat counters out there...feel free to share the ones you know of.

Anyway...keyword analysis. This is where you find out the searches people are doing that land them at your blog. It has taken some time for search engines such as Google to pick me up...but now that they have, it's fun to see where people are coming from.

Here are my top 10 favorite searches (of this week) people are doing and landing at my blog:

* I love being black: pins
* Chicken boob recipes
* Golden Crisp pee
* "grow a beard"
* www.thatisreverb.com
* I look like I have a black eye
* Stinky boy
* Julie Strasser Texas <--- yeah Julie...that's one of them.
* My pee smells
* reverb pastor

These things crack me up. And so I say thank you...thanks to those of you who actually find something interesting on this blog. It's fun to talk with all of you. For those of you who are lurkers and never comment...I would love to check out your blog if you have one. Come on...spill the beans. Myself and other readers here would love to get to know you.

Also...thanks to all of you who have put a link to this blog on your blog...it makes up for a lot of the traffic that comes here and I really do think it's pretty cool that you would do that.

That's all for now...

thisisreverb

29 waggish utterances thus far...:

V. said...

This Canadian is a PDub groupie and have bookmarked you.

http://www.repurposed.wordpress.com

flanthrower said...

You have a great site man. I'm happy to follow along. Keep up the awesome posts!

rhymes with spoon
http://flanthrower.blogspot.com

flanthrower said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

You are an interesting person, a good writer, and a frequent poster which makes for a good blog!

annie said...

Found you through PW's blog. Gotta love a guy who cooks! I have a son your age who is struggling. So, sometimes in a wierd way, reading your blog gives me hope that things can and will change for him. Great blog. You seem wise beyond your years. Keep up the good work!

Anonymous said...

You are a great writer, I love your recipes, I enjoy your photos (especially of Ava), I can tell you are a great husband and father by the way you talk about your family, you make me laugh, and you have an awesome spiritual outlook. That is why I stop by here each day!

Anonymous said...

Goodie, more than one post from you today! :D

Anonymous said...

Me too...I check my stats obsessively. I like knowing where people are located and how they get to my blog.

Thanks for reminding me to link to you on my blog!

snobound said...

Love reading your blog - I try to check ya out every day. Like many of the others here, I found you through the P-Dub website. My hubby and I used to live in Florence, KY and were very familiar with the Vineyard and Jungle Jim's!

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog and try to drop by every weekday. I too found you from PW, but I'm here to stay.

Helen Ann said...

I'm a stat ho, too! :)

Unknown said...

I found your blog through PW's and I really enjoy reading it. I love your recipes!

Suzanne & Duncan Forbes said...

I found you through PW and really enjoy reading. My husband is a Youth Pastor in a small town near Seattle and he and I have been encouraged and challenged by some of your posts - thanks for posting regular blogs. Your passion for people and their relationship with God continues to inspire us - keep on keeping on.

Mainly a midwife said...

I've posted already..but I put you on the feedburner b/c I like your pix and I dig the fact that you are a pastor and not the stuffy old school kind.

julie s. said...

julie strasser texas? that is too funny. weird how things get looped around....

i love that you love god,are not afraid to write about him and that you look scary. scary guys who love god are cool.

Nancy Peacock said...

Hi Ryan,
I LOVE your blog. It's funny, inspiring, tongue-in-cheek, has great recipes (I found you through Pioneer Woman), wonderful photographs, and heart warming stories of your family and church. I have a 16 year old son, and he is now reading your blog every day...as part of his 'quiet time'. How do you like that?!
We run a Bed and Breakfast in Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA. My website is: www.asecretgarden.ca
If you are ever up this way, come visit!!
Nancy Peacock

Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

I love your site. Thanks for encouraging me to leave a comment...I have a blog AND I have a secret blog. The secret blog is far more interesting...It's at http://kikiandketra.wordpress.com

Erin Moore said...

www.the5moores.blogspot.com

If you stop by, leave your mark! We're lovin' you up in Maine. Initially found you from a link from PW..you are now linked to my site.

I love that you defy the stereotype of "Christian"...and when I check in I find a humble heart that is imperfect and in need of a Savior, like all of us. You exemplify the little known truth, that Christ = Freedom!

Anonymous said...

I, unlike just about everyone else that as commented, do not have a blog! (I'm too busy with 4 kids!) I found your site thru PW and was immediately hooked. I have recently started attending a Church that is alot like Vineyard and have rededicated myself to Christ. Your straight forward and truthful writing has helped me exam my faith and made me remember that God is with us at all times.

Thanks for a great blog, great receipes, and wonderful photos/videos!

Elizabeth Halt said...

looking at keyword searches cracks me up. I'd like to know who is doing some of those searches and how on earth it pulls up me for them.

I think I saw the link on PW's blog the other day and enjoyed the posts I read

Anonymous said...

I have posted before, but I am in SC and initially found you through the PW blog. I keep coming back because you remind me of my brother and what he could have been! Plus, I'm tired of the same old guys at churches who try to be squeaky clean. You can get your message across better when you can relate to people on their level.

Zach and Amanda said...

Like so many I found you through Pioneer Woman. I love your refreshing take on "church" and it makes me giggle. My husband I moved to Portland OR three years ago from Winchester, KY so he could obtain a masters in intercultural studies from multnomah seminary. We love Jesus, but came to hate church so we changed venues to refresh and heal. It is a fun journey, with many more adventures along the way. Well done!


www.littlebylittleonetravelsfar.blogspot.com

merideth said...

just so you know, i found you through pw, but i must admit i HAVE wondered why pee smells like coffee after eating golden crisp (even the maltomeal brand!). do you know? :)

Amy said...

Found you on PW - love your site. You have a servants heart and inspire me with every post. I'm certain that you are a blessing to all of those around you - even us lurkers!

Anonymous said...

I lurk and have left a few comments here and there. I am trying to get with this blogging thing.

Sarah VM

Anonymous said...

Yep, I found you through PW. It was the tatoos in the food photos that made us curious. Plus, we just like reading blogs. We've RSS-ed, don't you worry!
Marysol
www.blomerus.org

Anonymous said...

You crack me up! I'm brand-new to blogging and my site is not very interesting, but check it out anyway.
Love your dogs. Want another one? I have a foster doggie who needs a good home. The best Jack Russell Terrier ever!

Chris Steele said...

I found you through PW...and your site is hilarious.

Mimí said...

Hi!!
I visited pw and i found your comment there, very nice pics and family

saludos...