Growing up too fast...

Ava is going to be 2 tomorrow. She's already flashing her boobies to all the boys. I'm doomed.

Ava is a hussie

The grandparents chipped in and we got her this [mixed family not included]:


I remember the first time I placed her little body into her new car seat on the way home from the hospital. I was so afraid I was going to break her. Now I'm afraid she's going to break me.

I love you Ava Beans...now put your shirt down.

P.S. I think it's time for that binky to go bye-bye.

22 waggish utterances thus far...:

Anonymous said...

Haha! She's using her womanly ways early :o) We used to live near a farm and I told my son that I was giving his binky to the chickens.. it worked.
Teri

Chris M. said...

My first niece is already 2 months. I felt like she just got here yesterday.

-Chris
Weather Moose

melanie said...

OH, Happy Birthday Ava! I'm a bit ashamed to say this, but when I do the shirt-flash thingy...I get WHATEVER I want. A girl's gotta' do what a girl's gotta' do.

Famy of Boys said...

Hi! I just found your blog via your nice post on Pioneer Woman today. Great blog! I hope you don't mind, but I added you to my blog roll.

Sandy said...

My daughter bagged up my granddaughter's binkies, took them to Toys 'R Us and let her "buy" a new dolly with them. Worked, too! Can't help with the boobie problem. . .still use that one myself on occasion. Oops!

Tracy said...

Awe she's going to love the playhouse :)

Christi said...

have been reading your blog for a little while...love it, love your realness.

i tagged you if you want to play along. keep up reality and thanks.

melissa said...

As long as she doesn't go to kindergarten with a bink, I think she will be okay. We told my son he could only have his at home and in the car, but when we got to our destination,he had to leave it behind. He would give it a few sucks, like a BIG drag from a cigarette, before going into a store. He is 14 now and I am happy to report he no longer has a bink:)

Anonymous said...

found you thru pioneer woman, loved the zuke patties!

Love your blog more!

Our 2.5 yr old daughter bit a hole in her bink, and that was it. She has done great, only wanting it a few times since!

Anonymous said...

Ryan, they grow up fast....I brought my two boys home from the hospital yesterday, was not even done nursing them....and they drove away....18 & 16years ago..........

Cherish.....I know you are...but just hold them....smell them....kiss them.....cuddle....play....watch them sleep....all the things that you cherish....I have a few tapes of them sleeping for 10 min or so...I just love to watch them every so often...

Happy Birthday Ava!!!!

I have a niece going to turn two in Aug. She has more tricks up her shirt than we know what to do with now!!!! Good Luck!!!

Thanks for the post on PW. I saw you pics on flicker the other day and thought they really looked good and was hoping you would post the info soooo..Thanks.

Kim KJHC

AB said...

What a cutie. You *are* doomed.

Maybe I should head back to Ree's site before my boys wake up...

Karen said...

My sister got her then 2-yr old son to give up HIS "dooey" for his new baby sister! Just something to think about . . . ;)

Anonymous said...

You are going to be the most popular boy on the block after the link from Ree... :-)
Yes, and you have your hands full w/ that little doll..
Your baptism post brought tears to my eyes, beautiful.

I'll be back.

Anonymous said...

so cute!!

Alya said...

Hi. Its my first time over here (directed from Pioneer Woman). I absolutely loved this blog, and I admire you for mixing all the things you love and being a religious person while also indulging in the beautiful things in life.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, people often think of religious people as extremists or prudes or uptight. And that view often pertains to all religions in this world.

I'm glad to see you're being true to yourself while also being a man of God.

Cheers!

Elaine said...

Happy Birthday Ava!
Love,
Harper

Anonymous said...

You have a adorable little daughter. She doesn't look as trollish as my 18 months old (young?) daughter...ha ha!

Sooooo happy that I found your blog (via Pioneer Woman - gonna try those tomatoes by the way! Looks delicious!). But I'll mostly be here to read about the Church.

I'll be back. :)

Anonymous said...

You're the one who is sexualizing things, by talking about a two-year-old having "boobies."

skroll said...

Ditto what Mikki said, plus one way to get rid of the binky is tell her the binky fairy will pick it up during the night from your mailbox and leave her a present in exchange...

Meghan said...

My son will be 2 on the 16th, if you can figure out how to get the binky from your daughter, let me know b/c my Mr. Man is not giving it up without a knock down drag out fight.

And he, too, likes to flash his boobies.

LOL

riel said...

oh yeah, well, my 9-month-old daughter has decided that every kiss she gives people (including strangers) is an open-mouth, French kiss with LOTS of tongue... yeah, that's right... MY daughter's more sexually advanced than yours, err... nevermind...

mollie said...

My binky-addicted little one is gonna be 2 soon as well. Lemme know how losing that binky goes. haha

love your blog.... do ya mind if I blogroll ya, too??