I'm Funny...



Do you ever think that you are the funniest person ever? Maybe you're typing an email, blog, talking with friends and you make yourself laugh out loud....

Today I had to go to a bridal shower. If you've never been your missing out on some of the greatest parties ever (but not really). For the bride to be there is a slight feeling of discomfort...for some reason its difficult to muster up an excited expression after you open your 8th package of cooking supplies. My sister Andrea and my mom decided that to make the present unwrapping more fun that they were going to cheer for all of the gifts (at that moment they thought they were the funniest people ever), and the fun thing was that the cheering caught on.

Down to gift 20 or so the cheering had faded...my cousin opened a knife set. My mom said "that's nice," my sister Andrea then proceeds to say, "your funny," while laughing fairly loudly. She repeats what she thinks she heard my mom say..."That's Knife." Me and my mom start laughing...my mom's laughter is contagious so none of us can stop giggling. The rest of the time we came up with sayings for each gift...For a dish set - "That's dishlicious" and "I can't say I dishlike it"...for the ice bucket "That's ice." We laughed at ourselves while people sitting at the other tables looked at us like we had lost or minds. In that moment we all thought we were the funniest people ever.

Do you have a moment where you felt like you were the funniest person ever?

7 waggish utterances thus far...:

Helen Ann said...

LOL! That's good stuff!! :) :) :)

I think I am funny when I wake up in the morning with bed head. I never used to have that problem when my hair was long...now it sometimes sticks up really weird and I have this cowlick on the back of my head that is ridiculous.

DanThoms said...

oh my gosh, you are the cheesiest people ever, ha ha ha. Thats as bad as my family. I often make myself laugh, someone has to do it :)

Anonymous said...

I think you guys are the funniest ever... besides me of course :-)

Tracy said...

Like every day I think I am the funniest....all day I make myself laugh but I was thinking .....maybe this is a curse. Like yesterday when grandpa told me he was trying to crush some leaves thaT HE had put in his Rumpke receptacle by standing in the garbage can and he and the can fell over.....funny? to me yes but not to his sore buttocks....see what I mean?

carrie doan said...

Sometimes I laugh so hard at myself I almost wet my pants.

I think that's happened when I laugh at you too.

Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

My best friend and I used to describe people we met who really cracked us up as "having our sense of humor." Like we owned being funny! LOL, yes, I have been there before.

Guitarist.J said...

I don't think I know