Currently Reading...


I'm getting towards the end of The Elements of Cooking by Michael Ruhlman. Wow. What an amazing food book. You know how every once in a while you read a book and it actually causes changes to happen in your life? This was one of those books for me.

I think my cooking level stepped up a couple notches while reading through this. The book is considered to be "an indispensable compendium for the professional or amateur cook..." For that reason I give it a 9 / 10. It loses a point from my highly skilled rating system because this book could be somewhat hard to digest for your average amateur. There is a bit too much "assumed knowledge" that Michael expects the readers to have...I had to look up several things due to mental midgetdom. A blog for The Elements of Cooking can be found---->Here.



I just started reading The Divine Conspiracy by Dallas Willard. I'm not very far into it yet...maybe 50 pages. It started off a little slow, but now it's going really deep really fast. It's not getting good...it is good. Carrie dropped it off for me when her and Ryan were home for the Holidays. I'll have to let you know what the final verdict is.

What are you currently reading?

3 waggish utterances thus far...:

Helen Ann said...

Currently reading

"The Big Idea"
(thanks, Lee!)

Also reading something called

"Lamb - The gospel according to Biff, Christ's childhood pal".

My friend Allen recommended it and lent me his copy...I can't decide if it's blasphemous or not so I'll keep reading...I have laughed a couple of times. I have also squirmed a couple of times... :)

Jenny said...

Just finished The Ultimate Treasure Hunt by Kevin Dedmon (one of the best books I've ever read) and now I'm reading You May All Prophecy (can't remember the author, but he's from Morning Star).

Unknown said...

I have two books I'm currently reading. My fiction is Elmore Leonard - Killshot. I'm a big fan of Elmore Leonard's writing, and I'm on a quest to read everything he's every written.

My non-fiction is Speaking the Truth in Love", a book Angela lent me and said it changed her life.