Before, After, and In Between...

I began growing a beard about three months ago for a project in my mind. I wanted to see how my beard would grow over a 90 day period. I started taking photographs each morning about one week into the Beard Project. I devoted myself to take a photo on my laptop as soon as I woke up each morning. The results weren't pretty.

I had no idea how different I began to look after about 90 days. My face took on a totally different shape. This may seem obvious, but my wife and daughter were shocked when I shaved. Ava couldn't stop looking at me with this strange, bashful gaze. It was so adorable. She was flirting with me. It made me want to stay clean shaven. Too bad I look like I'm twelve.

Here's a before and after the shave:


I told you I looked like I was twelve.

Here's a video (remember, it was first thing in the morning!) of the growth:




4 waggish utterances thus far...:

carrie doan said...

whoa. you are the first to discover the fountain of youth.

Helen Ann said...

I see you kept your Denny :)

Melanie Price said...

Jon didn't get a haircut for five years to see how it changed people's perspective of him. It was amazing to see how differently he was treated with straight, long hair down his back as opposed to the short military hair he had always had before that.

DanThoms said...

I am also conducting an experiment to see how people will treat me if I have long hair. So far so good.