The Neti Pot...

...not to be confused with the Yeti Monster.

The Neti Pot is somewhat of a last resort for me trying to eradicate my sickness. I woke up this morning and after praying persistently for God to remove my sickness I've decided to take some prayerful action. I'm pretty sure I have some kind of sinus infection and it's time for it to go.

I have never used a Neti Pot before, but I am willing to try anything.

Nasal Irrigation, here we come:




9 waggish utterances thus far...:

Elaine said...

I am simultaneously disturbed and amused.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

der - never mind that delete - I tried to edit.

I have been using that same type of neti pot for quite a while now. It took a little getting used to, but now I do it once a week, and i can definitely tell a difference, especially when the air is full of gunk.

And you've not quite got the angle there, it shouldn't be going down your throat.

Unknown said...

That was really gross. I couldn't finish watching. Why don't you just get some nose spray and dry it out? Furthermore, neti pot sounds like some kind of drug device. :p

Unknown said...

That was really gross. I couldn't finish watching. Why don't you just get some nose spray and dry it out? Furthermore, neti pot sounds like some kind of drug device. :p

DanThoms said...

I bet that brought tears to your eyes. I tried to feed a string down my nose into my mouth once. Needless to say I couldn't quite get it.

Helen Ann said...

I am on the FLOOR! That was hysterical! Pretty soon you'll be able to get a nice stream flowing out of that other nostril with no trouble! Then you can post a How-to video. :)

Steve introduced me to the Neti-Pot last year...It is definitely worth the nastiness.

Anonymous said...

Ok Ryan, I can't believe you sent me that link to ENCOURAGE me to try the neti-pot. I'm both frightened and excited. I'm willing to try anything to breath again. I'll get back to you about my progress. Thanks, I think.

Anonymous said...

Glad I saw this before I decided to go to an Ayurveda gathering to be blind-sided. It was simultaneously disturbing and amusing. If it was me, it would only be disturbing. Deeply.