Giving Relationally...


Hello Hello.

It's nearing the end of November, but if you ask me Christmas time is here. A copious amount of consumerism is attacking our senses at every turn. Sales are not what excite me this time of year though, it's the opportunity we have to let people know that we care about them.

Sure we can do this any time, but for me the holidays are an excellent excuse to give relationally to people without them thinking I'm a total weirdo.

We don't have a whole lot of money to toss around this year so we're exploring some inexpensive, yet meaningful ideas to show people we love them. Instead of putting Christmas on a credit card, we're making some serious cinnamon rolls. *see above*

So far we've made up and given away about 30 pans of these gooey masterpieces. The reaction we receive after people taste them is nothing short of reverence. I'll post a link for a how-to on these particular cinnamon rolls if you'd like to join that train, but I'm also interested in finding out what you're planning to do for the people around you.

The challenge this year: Give Relationally. Don't just buy crap for people.

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Frosting



3 waggish utterances thus far...:

Ryan Allen Doan said...

I like it... I can't wait to spend Christmas with you guys. I got an idea. Let's give so much it hurts our pooper.

Karen said...

Please call my mother-in-law right now and tell her to stop buying us crap! We have tried EVERYTHING from suggesting buying for a needy family to NOT buying us ANYTHING and her response is "don't take that away from me." She is all about quantity, not quality and it drives my DH and I crazy. Sigh.

Karen in DE

Wonderful World of Weiners said...

I must admit, I already bought a bunch of "crap" (as you call it!). But I'm also giving a bunch of people gifts that make a difference - lots of money from these items goes directly to Habitat for Humanity.

Thise rolls look great - did you get the recipe on Pioneer Woman?

Hallie
http://wonderfulworldofweiners.blogspot.com/