Black-Eye Syndrome...

I think I have a disease. It's called Black-Eye-Syndrome.

I developed BES close to 3 months ago. Here's what my first outbreak of BES looked like:

Now believe it or not this was right after the first flare up and it actually got worse than this. Half of my eyeball filled up with blood. I had blurred vision for over a week. There is some kind of hairline fracture on my eye-socket.

All of this from dodgeball of course. I love dodgeball. I'm not very good at dodgeball, but I love dodgeball.

I'm posting this because it's nearly 3 months after my first outbreak of BES and I can't seem to get it cleared up. Every morning I look in the mirror and I'm like, "What the crap??"

Here's what I look like this morning..."What the crap??" p.s...this image is reversed due to photobooth being weird and backwards...or...forwards. Whatever.


No that's not a shadow on my face. I still have BES. Every single day someone asks me..."do you have a black eye?" or "did you get hit in the face again?"

NO. I DID NOT GET HIT IN THE FACE AGAIN.

Dangit...Elaine says I have to stick a leech on my face to get rid of it. She says the leech will suck out the blood and it will take care of it. Seriously...she says that's what I need to do. Since I would rather remove each of my toenails with a pair of pliers I'm going to have to opt out of the leech suggestion. I need something a little more...doable. A little less vomit-inducing.

CAN YOU HELP ME?

Please help me get rid of my BES. I feel like a partial human. I desire fullness of self. Tell me your secrets regarding the removal of blackness around the eye socket. Surely someone out there can restore me back to wholeness.


13 waggish utterances thus far...:

Tracie said...

I don't have a suggestion for you, but I will say the only reason I found your blog was do to your BLACK EYES. I saw your comment on Randy B's blog and saw your eyes, and thought "who is this guy"....

Secretly I was hoping you were a UFC fighter. Just kidding!

Anyway, grace to you, and I sure hope someone can suggest something to help!

DanThoms said...

How about you let me punch you in the other eye. It won't help the problem but it will at symmetry to your face.

Unknown said...

En nombre de Jesucristo...

And perhaps no more dodgeballs to the face and a visit to the eye doctor if that doesn't work.

Helen Ann said...

Well, you can pray for divine healing, cover it with make-up or let leeches suck on your face...I think those are your only choices... :(

You can borrow my pink-eye drops and see if that helps...Yes, after finally shaking the sore throat I woke up with a crusty red eye today. UGH!

Can we start a support group?

Unknown said...

Elaine is very wise. That's all I'm sayin.

Liz KS said...

Have you been to the ENT yet?

Liz KS said...

Sorry, not quite awake yet, I meant Eye Dr. Sorry.

Kris said...

Dude, warm compresses and a trip to the Ophthalmologist!
Not pink eye but my guess is a chalazion. Gotta see an Ophthalmologist not a Optom for removal/treatment.
google chalazian

Kris said...

Chalazion Overview
A chalazion is a lump in the eyelid that is caused by inflammation of a gland within the skin. Typically, this lump grows over days to weeks and is occasionally red, warm, or painful.



The gland involved in the formation of a chalazion is a modified sweat gland that lies within the eyelid. This gland produces oil. When this gland becomes blocked, it can rupture and the inflammation process begins.

Inflammation is a process in which the body reacts to a condition and produces a biologic reaction. This reaction can cause swelling, redness, pain, or warmth.
A chalazion is not a sty. A sty can resemble a chalazion in the sense that it is also a lump in the eyelid. However, a sty involves glands and eyelash hair follicles that are closer to the skin surface of the eyelid. In addition, a sty is usually more painful and looks infected.

SimplyDenyse said...

ouch it looks painful

Cami said...

You need some Arnica gel. You can get it at any health food or herb mart type store. It's miracle stuff. I keep a tube of it with me at all times for my goose egg prone 7 year old. They also make tablets that you put under your tongue and they dissolve. I can't attest to the power of thet ablets, but the gel works wonders.

Jessica said...

I Googled "Black-Eye Syndrome"; this blog entry was the second site returned, and the top one said:

The one good thing about Black-Eye-syndrome is that it is 100% curable. All you need to do is accept Jesus Christ wholeheartily and apply him to your daily lives.

So I guess you're cured!

KSmith89 said...

I just found your site and was looking at all your post so I'm not sure how old this post is. But I had a black eye just like yours, blood filled eye and fracture, when I was about 8 or 9. I'm now 19 and I'm sad to say I still suffer from BES. The blood and bruise is gone but I still have a knot-like thing and it is still very sensitive and can re-blacken from the slightest bump. Hopefully you've recovered by now!