Contest: Music Edition...TIME'S UP!!

TIME'S UP PEOPLE!!

It's time for a contest folks! This one is simple...I want to know what you're listening to. I've posted before about some of my music tastes, but I'm interested in finding out what you like.

So here are the rules:

Post your top three bands, albums or songs in the comments section...that's it! Just make sure that you don't post anonymously.

I'll randomly pick one poster's comment and you'll win! Since we're talking music here, I'll be giving away a $30 iTunes gift certificate. It's nothing huge...but it's enough for at least 30 new songs or 3 full albums! There are more than 6 million songs to choose from.

Contest drawing will take place tomorrow morning @ 10am!

Picture 1

So what are you in to lately?

Here are a couple of my favorite "covers" for today:

80 waggish utterances thus far...:

Anonymous said...

I have so many favorites! Let's see lately my top three are probably:
Mercy by Duffy
I believe in a thing called love by The Darkness
and Suspicious Minds by Dwight Yoakam. These are my most recent purchases and can't seem to hear them enough!

Fatt Daddy said...

No Innocent Vitcim- To Burn Again
Three Days Grace- One-X
Johnny Cash- A hundered Highways

I little diversity :)

ksw said...

The Who (Who Are You), Led Zeppelin (Heartbreaker), and Aerosmith (Rag Doll). I have a lot more, including anything my kids play.

Jessi said...

Here's a random 'smattering' of my favorite songs. There's NO way I can pick just three!

Beautiful Child - Rufus Wainwright

Helena - Nickel Creek

Never Let Go - David Crowder Band

I love love love the Baby Got Back cover. And Me First and the Gimme Gimmes such a great band.

Providence Handmade said...

Okay, this is gonna be tough. Nickel Creek, KT Tunstall, & Jack Johnson. Those are on heavy rotation right now.

Unknown said...

I would say:

Third Day

Chris Tomlin

"Wicked" Soundtrack

Pearl said...

U2, the Doors, and CCR. Can you tell I'm old? LOL

Me... said...

Wow, top 3? It really depends on my mood. Lately I've been listening to country, so I'll go with Dixie Chicks, Faith Hill and Brooks & Dunn. I guess those have stood the test of time.

Sherry said...

Inhabited - LOVE (this is an awesome CD and such an incredible Christian band!)

Paul Baloche - Our God Saves

Toby Mac - Portable Sounds

Shawna said...

Three of my favorite bands are Breaking Benjamin, Three Days Grace & Seether! They are all awesome in concert, we've seen them several times!

Unknown said...

New Soul by Yael Naim

Basically all of the songs on Norah Jones' CD "Not Too Late"

Annnnnd.... ALL of the songs on the new Mamma Mia Soundtrack :)

Hmmm that's an interesting mix of songs, huh?

Anonymous said...

I have a small music obsession

Anything by Ben Harper seriously I have all of his songs and everything he writes is amazing both lyrically and musically.

Also a new CD by a guy named Jimmy Needham is absolutely amazing for a small white guy he can sure sing the blues

And finally....Phil Wickham came out with a free CD called singalongs that you can download from his website for free

Anonymous said...

My favorite band of all time is the Cure. Lately I've been listening to Jason Mraz, my daughters singing the Cheetah Girls' songs at the top of their lungs, and my son listening to Dragonforce (Dragon Force? DragonForce?).
Thanks for the contest!
Denise
nisey@austin.rr.com

snobound said...

Casting Crowns - Alter and the Door CD

Anything by Josh Groban

Give Me Your Eyes by Branden Heath

I know it's overkill, but I also like One Life to Love by 33 Miles, and everything that Nichole Nordeman does.

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh only 3. LeAnn Rimes is my all time favorite. I also love Taylor Swift. And I really love the new cd by Sugarland. But honestly, I could go on for days and days.

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Amber by 311
Breathe by Angels & Airwaves
Tell Me Something Good by Chaka Khan & Rufus

Have to mix it up a little, right?

Cara Greninger said...

Thanks for the contest! I've really been enjoying your site.

My top 3 bands:
- REO Speedwagon
- James Taylor
- Waterdeep

Anonymous said...

Top 3 bands/artists ever....wow...

The Police
Split Lip Rayfield
Etta James

DeeDee
www.motherhip.com

Holly said...

Let's see...
1. Ingrid Michaelson "Giving up" (but all of her stuff is great)

2. Ben Folds "The Luckiest" (I must have listened to this 300 times...by the time my wedding gets here I may very well hate it :P)

3. Flaming Lips, The Soft Bulletin Album (My 4 year old found this and has made us listen to it for the last 2 weeks)

Janice said...

Casting Crowns, Rhianna, and Elton John are some of my favs.

screamingATtheWALL said...

the bouncing souls - true believers

dropkick murphys - johnny, i hardly knew ya

mad caddies - drinking for 11

i can't believe i was able to pick just three bands & songs!

Anonymous said...

Hmmm... This is always a really hard question because I hate to play favorites...

City on a Hill (The Gathering)
Coldplay (Viva la Vida)
and Johnny Cash

Traci Best said...

Favorite bands...

Toby Mac

Casting Crowns

Point of Grace

Hands down! :)
Traci

Unknown said...

My music taste covers a wide variety for sure. Hrmm.. Top 3 Favorites Disturbed, Godsmack, & Maroon 5

Sarah A said...

Lately I've been listen to the Who, Ella Fitzgerald and Tyrone Wells. They don't go together at all, but my roommate always tells me I have music A.D.D.

Jenn said...

Thanks for the contest--I've enjoyed your site. Found you through Pioneer Woman :).

Hmm ... favorites right now would include:
--Monk & Neagle
--Nickelback
--Brad Paisley.

Oh, and I really enjoy the Les Mis soundtrack too.

Kool Aid said...

Narrowing it down to just three is almost impossible, but here goes...

The Grateful Dead

Jackopierce

Sugarland

Guitarist.J said...

Disciple:favorite song regimine change
Thousand foot krutch:favorite song Rawkfist or puppet
Family force five:Favorite song love addict or kountry gentleman

Pa, Ma, Mary, Laura, and baby Carrie said...

Misty Edwards

Merchant Band

Justin Rizzo

Unknown said...

Eclectic, I know, but here are my current top 3 artists:

The Avett Brothers
Philip Glass
Rilo Kiley

All wonderful for their own reasons!

Snow said...

Lately been listening to:

The Shins - Chutes to Narrow
Jason Mraz - Mr. A-Z
Third Day - Offerings, Offerings2

flanthrower said...

What I'm into lately? A little bit of the old and the new.

Otis Redding
Mates of State
MGMT

kris said...

Daughtry
Third Day
Bon Jovi
not necessarily in this order!
anything by any of these guys, all my faves!

kris

Helen Ann said...

You know my favorites!

Air Supply
David Phelps
Barry Manilow

WOOHOOOO!

DanThoms said...

I have no idea.... how about:
Rainbow Connection - The Muppets
Love Addict - Family Force 5
Bigger, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk

Anonymous said...

right at this very moment in time:
catherine feeny
david ford
chris garneau.

they're new to me... and i love them!

kimmyk said...

Top 3 Bands at the Moment--

Staind. Listening to the new CD which is awesome.

Skillet-Rebirthing

Plumb, Kutless, Sanctus Real. They're all on constant rotation around these parts.

Kailysn said...

Three bands I've been listening to a lot lately, and links so you can hear a song I particularly like from each:

Great Big Sea - Donkey Riding

Da Vinci's Notebook - Kingdom in the Sky

Afro Celt Sound System - Go on Through

Unknown said...

So many to choose from...
The Cure is always at the top of any list for me;
First Breath after Come by Explosions in the Sky; and
Good Man by Josh Ritter

Kelley said...

The new Jason Mraz cd
Black Kids and
Maroon 5

lizzytro said...

How about I give you the top 3 channels on my Pandora...

Cake

Jack Johnson

Hillsong United

From there, pick any artist or song that might pop up on those channels.

Amy A. said...

Right now I'm liking:

Lynyrd Skynyrd
The girl who sings the Revelation Song
The oldies station

Katelyn said...

I love music. And I'm such a nerd for it...

But I have so many favorites.

I guess right now I am really listening to:

Makes Me Wonder - Maroon 5
Ruthless - Something Corporate
You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissette (I'm going through a break up now so my music is reflecting that... :D)

Anonymous said...

I'm going with 3 all time fave artists:
U2
Collective Soul
Harry Connick Jr.

Jennifer said...

Dont laugh OK?? yes I am 43 years old, LOL

Rihanna, Disturbia
Coldplay, Clocks
Gorillaz, Dare

Tracy said...

Secondhand Serenade-Fall For You
A Fine Frenzy-Ashes & Wine
John Denver-Country Roads.

Erin Moore said...

Right now (today):

Maroon 5
Casting Crowns
Miles Davis

Jess said...

its gotta be..


Some sweet rockin` bluegrass from
The Devil Makes Three
and
Old Crow Medicine Show
andddd.
anything from New Found Glory

Jessica said...

Top three: Coldplay, Frank Sinatra, and Misty Edwards... ("Which of these three is not like the other...?") :)

Thanks for doing this!

Tracy said...

All time favorites, bands, I couldn't pick just songs, are
Fallout Boy
Sugarcult
Butch Walker

janie said...

I would say....Jeremy Camp,Keith Urban,Toby Mac

Laurie said...

Annie Lennox (anything but right now I'm addicted to her Bare album)

Queen (Greatest Hits volumes I and II)

MercyMe (Bring the Rain is the track I keep playing over and over right now)

Anonymous said...

My favorite songs are:

Dust in the Wind by Kansas

Billie Jean by Michael Jackson

No Son of Mine by Genesis

Katrina from Boya!

vixin13 said...

johnny cash
sara storer
meredith andrews
...am i too late?!?!
...love your blog!

Cara said...

"Give me Your Eye's" Brandon Heath
"All I Wanna Do" SugarLand
"Your not Alone" Merdith Andrews

Holly said...

Heart
Hillsong United
Switchfoot

Jengy said...

it's not my time...3 doors down
you shoulda said no...taylor swift
anything by josh turner :)

Anonymous said...

John Mayer - just saw him in concert Saturday night for the second time!

Toby Mac

Jack Johnson

Anonymous said...

My three favorite bands right now are:
Waterdeep
Jesus Culture
Counting Crows

Anonymous said...

Delagrange (from right here in the greater Cincy area), of course David Cook and/or Archuleta, Josh Groban.

Kim said...

This is a hard one, but just picking 3 randoms most played from my list, I'd have to say...

Martina McBride's "I Am Blessed"
Ben Fold's "The Luckiest"
Natalie Grant's "Held"

Mainly a midwife said...

MercyMe's "I Can Only Imagine"
Jennifer Knapp (pretty much anything by her..b/c I love her voice)and anything by Casting Crowns but my favorite song by them is the one entitled (I think this is the title) What if we prayed?

Bridge said...

Hmmm...favorite albums?

Retrospective - Indigo Girls
August and Everything After - Counting Crows
Come on Come on - Mary Chapin Carpenter

Raising Baby Bee said...

Easy...

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy (Simple Songs)
Mighty Blue Kings (Buzz Buzz Buzz)
The Chambers Brothers (Travelin' Shoes)

mollie said...

hmmmm...only 3...

today's playlist includes:
rhianna
Johnny Cash
Dire Straits

see....I like everything.

Shelley Malone said...

My current top 3 are 1) The Devil Went Down to Georgia by the Charlie Daniels Band; 2) All Summer Long by Kid Rock; and 3) We're Not Gonna Take It by Twisted Sister. Go ahead and judge - I know how bizarre this list is! -Shelley

Jill said...

john mayer...for sure

Not Too Old said...

Stevie Ray Vaughan: Anything instrumental, especially "Lenny"
Eric Clapton and B.B. King: "Come Rain or Come Shine"
Golden Earring: Radar Love

Angie said...

I love so many different types of music it's hard to choose! Depends on my mood and right now that's Van Morrison. Kind of in a Van rut. And forced to listen to High School Musical 2 so often I'm actually starting to enjoy it. Sad, I know.

Anonymous said...

My absolute favorite band is a German punkband called Die Aerzte.
Next up I'd say Christina Aguilera because dear God how can such a voice fit into such a little lady.
And for third place I choose Reel Big Fish.

Kristen Gill, Marketing Manager said...

Please wait FIVE minutes while I open up iTunes...it's such a DOG...gobbles up all my processor power...ahh, there it is now.

OK...favorite album right now:
The Foo Fighters - Skin and Bones
Favorite songs right now:
Another Day by Jamie Lidell
You are My Kind by Seal and Santana
Fall/Back by Obadiah Parker

Emily and Frank said...

Hmm... Nickel Creek, Hillsong, and Counting Crows. Random enough for ya?

Anonymous said...

The Fray (I'm still stuck on them, ok)
Andrea Bochelli
Turkish Groove

The bottom 2 are great to cook to ;)
Marysol
www.blomerus.org

Anonymous said...

This is easy since I just downloaded 2 new ones yesterday! Forever- Chris Brown, Everyone Falls in Love Sometimes - Devonte & Tanto Metro, Heard Em Say - Kanye West. I have Cher, Foo Fighters, 311, Shakira, etc. Lots of variety!

Chris

Anonymous said...

Jack Johnson
Boston
Phish

Cindy
Virginia
deb8able@aol.com

scott d said...

shawn mullins
jars of clay
johnny cash

Gable Price said...

Skillet, Those Nights
Switchfoot, Dare You to Move
David Crowder Band

Melanie Price said...

Relient K
Fallout Boy
Pillar

Brad Ruggles said...

Ok, that cover of Baby Got Back is just stinking hilarious! lol

Anonymous said...

I know the contest is over, but I'm in it for the music, not the money.

Thrice - Vheissu

Abandon Kansas - "Minutes"

Edison Glass - Time Is Fiction