Photos from today...

We took a short trip to the zoo this morning. Here are some of the highlights...

Not enough seats...we got stuck in the back.
DSC_0001

Little girl Chucks...they're too small already. Time for some new ones...
DSC_0006

Harrison (my Nephew) and Ava together...best buds...worst enemies...
DSC_0009

DSC_0012

DSC_0015

DSC_0030

DSC_0025

DSC_0020

DSC_0032

DSC_0035

DSC_0046

DSC_0045

DSC_0051

DSC_0041

DSC_0067

Can you spot the monkey?
DSC_0056

DSC_0058

DSC_0087

DSC_0079

13 waggish utterances thus far...:

Bridge said...

I so miss the Cincinnati Zoo! The Fort Worth Zoo is awesome, but it's not quite AS awesome as Cincinnati. I'm glad your little girl will have all those great memories of that fantastic place.

Valarie Lea said...

Question?? I really would like to know how you get that curve on your pictures. Is it the lens, or the setting, or photoshop??

Great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Your nephew favors you!
Teri

kris said...

great pics!! No, didn't see the monkey, was there one or was it a trick question?
kris

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Ah, I haven't been to the zoo in so long...

melanie said...

Riding in the back? That's illegal, you know. I would never partake in an illegal activity. Never. And I would never engage in an illegal line of work. Never.

And there is no monkey in that picture. There are two easter eggs though. Nice try though.

Anonymous said...

Just how do you take pictures from THIS low angle? (For example the pic of Ava on the bridge.)
Do you actually lie down, or do you hold the camera down without looking through it?
I love these shots..

Reverb said...

Valarie: It's the lens! I'm using a 10.5mm Nikon Lens...it's a fisheye lens with a 180 degree viewing area.

namsab: One of my favorite tricks is to set my camera on the ground and shoot without knowing exactly what I'll get...you can always crop later.

Reverb said...

Oh...Kris and Melanie...there is indeed a monkey in the photo...he's lying on his back on one of the trees.

Unknown said...

Wonderful pictures & fun times!

Anonymous said...

Dude.. how cool is our Zoo? And I just wanted to tell you that I made your Zucchini Cakes from PW's website and my kids L-O-V-E-D them! They ate green vegeatables man! Fried, but green nonetheless. Thanks!

Some Birds said...

These are beautiful pictures! Very creative and artistic. I teach high school journalism and would love for my students to see them. Do you mind?

Reverb said...

Use them however you wish!