A mother of a mommy...

DSC_0022

Allison is an amazing mom. When she was off work for a few months, she had an adventure all planned out for her and Ava each day. They would go to the park, or up to the mall to play in the children's area, or go to the zoo, or the museum, or the pool...it was always something.

DSC_0018

And now Allison is back to work. She's working full time and I remember thinking...we'll really have to try to keep Ava doing active stuff. If it was all up to me, she'd be watching TV 22 hours a day, eating jelly beans and cheese puffs for every meal. Or taking pictures of ourselves all day.

DSC_0019

But each night after work, to my surprise, and sometimes to my dismay, Allison gets Ava up and doing something. It might be playing outside in her playhouse or just blowing bubbles, but it's always something. She always has time...always makes time to be a mom.

DSC_0028

DSC_0031

She get's my butt off the couch too. She never nags me or says that I need to do things with my daughter...she'll just say something like, Who wants to go have fun blowing bubbles outside?

DSC_0035

And it is always fun. I realize that if I skip this stuff...I'll never get it back. If I sit behind a computer screen, or watch TV, or read a book, or whatever...I'm missing out. One of detriments of so many bloggers out there (we've all seen some bad blogs) is that they are trying to make something interesting when nothing interesting is going on in their lives.

Allison is interesting...

DSC_0045

If it were left up to me, I would run this blog into the ground by being so stinking boring. Thanks to my family for helping me to be less boring. And since Allison won't blog...I've got to do it for her. I consider it one of the husbandly duties...and I like attention.

DSC_0055

(10 second long exposures with camera sitting on a baby stool)

DSC_0056

I'm taking photos of Ava during bath time because it might fool some of you into thinking I normally bathe her. Maybe 1 out of 100 times I do. Did I mention that Allison is amazing?

DSC_0093

DSC_0082

DSC_0099

Hey Ava...what do you think about daddy giving you a bath from now on?

DSC_0106

No?

DSC_0107

10 waggish utterances thus far...:

snobound said...

Aawweee, how sweet. As a wife it's always good to hear my beloved say nice things about me online, so I bet your lovely bride is blushing. Nice photos as well.

Anonymous said...

She's soooooooooooooooo yuuuumy!!! Llllove it when you post photos of Ava :)

•´.¸¸.•¨¯`♥.Erin.♥´¯¨•.¸¸.´• said...

Seeing those pictures makes me wonder how our daughter will be when she's that age. She'll be 3 months tomorrow. And already she's changed so much.

Keep praising your wife...it never gets old or goes unappreciated.

Anonymous said...

Ava is precious! And you are right - treasure every moment with her. I have three children 23, 21, and 18. I honestly can't say where the time went just that it was gone in a flash!

And lucky for Ava that Allison is a fun Mom!

BrianTheGirl said...

You are blessed with 2 beautiful girls in your life.
The pictures of them are adorable.

Allayna Teddie Winkler said...

You guys are awesome and I love you :)

kimmyk said...

yeah, i'm guess that's a no.

cool pics by the way....

and for the record....the comment by anonymous...made me cringe.

calling a child yummy and i dont know...as a mom i'd be wigged out...but that's me and my overprotective side that thinks everyone wants to harm my children and other people's children.

Unknown said...

Aww such sweet photos! A sad truth of our world today is that parents do not spend as much time with their children as they should, everyone seems so busy and in such a hurry to get tot he next place we forget to slow down and enjoy :)

Jenny said...

Sweet, sweet, sweet!~ You're a good man, for being so observant. Well done.

I'm with Erin: "Keep praising your wife...it never gets old or goes unappreciated."

Brad Ruggles said...

There's something so fun and relaxing about blowing bubbles with your kids in the summer.

Great pictures. Beautiful family.