The Shack and the garage...


I just finished reading The Shack and dangit if I didn't cry my little pink-polkadotted, Hello-Kitty, My-Little-Pony, sissy eyes out. That was a great book.

I didn't want it to be a great book...I wanted in all my wanting ability for that to be a totally crappy, lame squad book. It wasn't though...it was excellent. It made me feel all kinds of stuff that I didn't want to feel, but needed to.

Denise gave it to me and typically I hate books people give to me. I don't know what it is...I've got some kind of thing embedded in me that causes people to give me dorky books. This was not so, THANK YOU D-Money for the book! My men's group is actually starting a study on The Shack next week. We'll see where it takes us. Read it!


In other news, we are having a garage sale this Friday. I've been putting off cleaning out my garage in the hopes that it would burn down and I could collect some sort of insurance payout...that hasn't happened and I can't take it anymore. Ryan and I cleaned out everything yesterday and began sorting through the mess...an emergency garage sale is in order!

So if you're keen and hip and available on Friday from 8am - 2pm, stop by my house and buy something from me. Or you can bring stuff over that you'd like to sell. I'll only charge you an 84% commission. Be there or be square!

8 waggish utterances thus far...:

melanie said...

I'm there. My kids are dying to have a garage sale or go to one, or earn money from one, or anything garage sale! I'll probably spend more money than make money though. I always do. Are you selling furniture?

DanThoms said...

Are you selling anything that I want or need? If so I may have to buy it (too bad I'll be working during that time)

Unknown said...

Have you told Joanne yet?

And ditto Dan's comment.

Helen Ann said...

I hope to check out the sale!

And yeah - The Shack is full of awesomeness! A couple of spots where I went...wellll, no. But by and large - 2 thumbs up can't wait to read it again!

It caused me to change my "God loves you" verbiage. The day after I finished it was a gorgeous, warm, sunny day and I thought "wow - God made this day JUST for me!" Then I got so filled with His presence and love that I had to share it. So I told one of the bus drivers as she was dropping off our afternoon class "It's a beautiful Day!" She said "It is" I said "God made this day just for you...He is especially fond of you, you know." She smiled a surprised smile and said "Thank you - I needed to hear that!". God is good!

Tracy said...

Is any of that my stuff?

Jenny said...

The Shack was one of the best books ever. And since I like words of affirmation you should totally be thanking me because I gave it to my mom. :D She just has more money than me to give books to others. :)

Reverb said...

People I know can feel free to rummage through stuff on Thursday night!

Melanie...we will have a couple furniture pieces there as well.

Helen Ann said...

Wait - 8-2? Cant be there...Can you extend it into Saturday??