I need a new camera...


Bad. I have been shooting with the same Nikon D100 camera for close to 7 years now. It was extremely expensive, but it has worked wonderfully for me since I've owned it. As of late, my D100 is starting to crap out on me. Pixels are burning out and images are showing up slightly out of focus at all times. The shutter release is slow and the camera overall is just beginning to wear out. I suppose you'll have that after many years of hard use.

It's time for a new camera. Trouble is...it's been time for a new camera for a while and I don't have any money. Dangit! It's one of those deals where I really want to get back into the hobby, and I wouldn't mind making some fat cash while I'm at it via weddings and portraits and such...but the jack just isn't there. If it were however, I'd pick me up one of these puppies:

The Nikon D60. It's pretty much an intermediate camera, and it would be a step down as far as durability goes, but the advancements that have taken place over the last several years in digital photography make this little thing a far more versatile camera than my old D100.

I'm coveting. If you're a photo dweeb you need to let me know if this is a bad move. That's all for now...

...and so I'll leave you with this:


3 waggish utterances thus far...:

Helen Ann said...

I was coveting that old camera of yours last week at church, so you aren't a lone camera dweeb. You're also not a lone broke person. :) I'd like to get a new computer because poor old Joshua just doesn't have the energy he used to. But I haven't the funds...I am thinking about getting a Mac with the $$ the government is sending me - whenever that will be...I hope you get the cash for your cam soon! :)

hoosier reborn said...

hey-happened upon your site...via same books we've read.

I finally gave in and got a digital two years ago to continue the photo hobby, but I got the Nikon 7600-great pictures, but no view finder which stinks-just point and shoot and say a prayer you can crop it into what you want.

best of to your hobby, site, etc.. Convince yourself you'll shoot pictures, turn them into inspirational cards and sell them-this will justify the expense in your head.

Anonymous said...

Consider reading www.kenrockwell.com before your purchase of the D60. He seems to be an expert and prefers the MUCH less expensive D40. Just an FYI from Ted's best man