Traveling Circus Act...

My mouth is on fire. The hot salsa at Chipotle is a bit on the warm side today. *sips water*

I’m sitting here having lunch all by my lonesome and I’m thinking about how insane the next couple of weeks are going to be. I’m going to be leaving for a 3-day conference called Catalyst early Wednesday morning. It’s a very forward-thinking leadership conference held in Atlanta with 10 or 12 thousand people attending. We’ll see where an open heart and an empty stomach lead me while I’m there. It should be good. I’ll be driving with 3 other guys from Vineyard Westside and probably the main Pastor from Crossroads. We’ll get back from Atlanta sometime Saturday.

The following Sunday – the next day – I will be leaving early in the morning with my buddy Eric to the Little Miami Triathlon. We’ll compete and hang out there for about 5 or 6 hours and we’ll head home. I’ll be drained. I do believe I’ll be skipping dodgeball to hang out with my family that night.

The following Tuesday – two days later – I will be heading to the airport to depart for Vancouver. I’ll be spending a week with two of my close friends, Ryan and Carrie. I can’t wait to see them and join in with whatever they happen to be doing that week. I’m extremely excited about going over there. I expect all kinds of cool stuff to happen. Bring it on.

The downside to all of this is that I’m going to be away from Allison and Ava too much for comfort. I’ve never been away from them for this long. They go with me pretty much everywhere. It’s going to be rough and I’m sure it’s going to be even harder on Allison. Thankfully she has started her new job now and she’s not working insane hours anymore.

Lord, please put all the things in place to keep us all together. Be the glue God.

0 waggish utterances thus far...: