Update: Catalyst/Strep Throat edition...

Click image for random story...
Harlan Censored

Pardon my French, but I feel like Le Poopies.

I am a Cincinnati Bengals fan...this too is an unfortunate truth.

For those of you who have been asking about Destiny and how "gum" is involved, listen to this ----> Podcast // Destiny - Ryan Detzel <----- also click this link if you're curious what my lisp sounds like in real life.

Lisp is an evil word
- those who have a lisp, exercise that lisp in saying the word lisp.

7 of us are heading out of town to Atlanta tomorrow. We'll be there from Wednesday - Friday for a conference called CATALYST.

Last year a few of us went and had our faces rocked off. I've been to lots of church/leadership conferences and typically they're just okay...CATALYST is off the hook. 12,000 leaders come together for creative inspiration and get equipped to move forcefully in the Kingdom of God. Check it out:



In other news, we have some house guests right now. Ryan and Carrie have been living with us for about 7-8 months now. They are not the house guests I'm talking about...I'm talking about Berto and Amy from Vancouver Canada. They got to know Ryan and Carrie during a year long mission. Berto and Amy will be with us for a couple of days...maybe I'll get pictures.

Them being here reminded me of some old posts on this blog. It was just a baby then...it didn't really know how things worked in the blog world, but it was still fun.

That's all for today...cheers.

11 waggish utterances thus far...:

The Neon Mouse said...

lisp is an awful word, we should change it! How about something like lindervolt.... sounds cooler to have... :D

your destiny link didn't work for me(it was asking me to log in using google chrome and then in IE it just won't load).

Have fun in Atlanta, conference looks fascinating. My dad told me he saw Billy Graham at one of our family reunions and was told we are related to him somehow...neat I guess...

EG said...

There are some great names on that speaker list, but Andy Stanley is one that I hold close to my heart. When we visit Atlanta we go to North Point Community Church. I'd move just to go there if given the opportunity. If you can, try to catch his talk or seminar.

achildoftheking said...

I DL'd the mp3.

Ryan, the only thing I don't like about your blog... is that is only shows what time a post we put up. There's no dates. It would help to have dates for the sake of historical value. Like with this post you reference "old posts". Those old posts look like they were just posted if you go by the time. Maybe you can change it to show the date too?

snobound said...

I live in the ATL area! Hope you have an amazing time at CATALYST. Enjoy the construction on 75!

Zach and Amanda said...

I watched the Catalyst video--make a point to hear William Young. I know him and his family personally. Phenomenal man with an incredible story to tell. The funny thing is, his book "the shack" was written just for his children.

Reverb said...

The link and date issue should both be fixed now!

Michael Joseph Sharp said...

Ryan, Catalyst looks amazing! I can't wait to see what you guys come back with.

Nice talking today. Thanks.

teri1960sumpthin said...

Isaiah, never thought of it like that. Excavation sounds cool, sounds like my ruminating questions.
I cant figure out how to put my link in, oh well.
Teri

teri1960sumpthin said...

Isaiah, never thought of it like that. Excavation sounds cool, sounds like my ruminating questions.
I cant figure out how to put my link in, oh well.
Teri

teri1960sumpthin said...

Nevermind the last bit..think I figured it out :o)

Debbie said...

Peter Warrick who is a Cinncinati Bengal is from my hometown!
Have fun at Catalyst!