I feel broken...

I'm not sure what is wrong with me right now, but ever since I've returned from Honduras I haven't felt quite right. We experience poverty on several levels and as I got home the Spiritual Poverty of the USA was staring me right in the face. Don't worry...I'm not going anywhere. I love this place. There are just so many distractions and complications that block us from God.

Everything is warring against us here. It's tough. Therefore, I'm hijacking this whiney-butt blog entry and starting a new topic right in the middle.

Board Game Club

About 5 years ago we started a secret organization called Board Game Club. It started out public, but as interest grew we had to move underground quickly. Not everyone could handle the hushhushness of our organization.

We would simply tell people that they needed to come to BGC on Tuesday night at 7pm. They would always ask, "What's BGC?" To which we would respond, "The first rule of BGC is that you do not talk about BGC."

If people were bold enough, they would arrive at our house, unaware of what was to come...unsure how they should be dressed...without a clue of the amazing crap that was about to hit them square in the face. This:


Now don't judge a book by it's cover. This is a rare photograph of the original core team. We built up to around 12 people quickly and if you showed up enough times you would get an official BGC shirt. See model below:


Be careful...Board Game Club might start up again. Keep an eye out.

4 waggish utterances thus far...:

Helen Ann said...

Father God, thank you for this experience that has opened Ryan's eyes to things in this country that need to be addressed. Speak to him about what he can do and encourage others to do so that your will may be done. Protect him from feeling overwhelmed and grant him peace, patience and endurance to move mountains. Thank you for returning him and the others safely to us here at home.

Amen!

DanThoms said...

A Secret Society, intriguing.

DanThoms said...

Wait a second, is that the deluxe edition of scrabble with the rotating game board? My parents, my brother and I all own the scrabble deluxe edition game.

Anonymous said...

when i landed back in the good US of A...I felt broken also. I had spent a month in South Africa...and was so angry at the US (spiritual misfits) that I couldn't, no wouldn't speak of my Africa experience for about 6 months...and once I began talking, I couldn't get an experience out without breaking into tears....

Africa was so beautiful...and the people were so poor materially, but so rich in spirit....

...twitters! :-)