I love Goetta...


Breakfast in general really. It's my favorite meal of the day and yet it's usually the one I'll skip out on if I'm too busy. I'm extremely busy today...I sense that I might go insane from how busy I am with work stuff today...therefore I am writing a blog entry to balance myself out a little bit.

I also forced myself to cook some breakfast for Ava and I so we could spend at least some quality time together. During that time I realized that I truly do love Goetta. Goetta is the king of breakfast meats in my humble opinion. I like it better than Bacon or Sausage. Bacon is a close second though. Give me a couple poached eggs and some buttered toast with my Goetta and I'm in Heaven. There's an entire festival dedicated to my beloved...seriously.

So what is your favorite meal of the day? What's your ultimate dish?

6 waggish utterances thus far...:

Melanie Price said...

I can tell if you are really a serious goetta eater by how you pronounce it. In my family, we say 'gutta', but other, not-so-serious goetta eaters call it 'getta'. So, could you do a pronounciation for me so that I can see your true dedication to the mixed-ground-meat plus pinoats breakfast?

DanThoms said...

I'm pretty sure that it is pronounced getta:

Goetta is a peasant food of German origin that is popular in the greater Cincinnati area. It is primarily composed of ground meat and oats. Pronounced gétt-aa, ged-da or get-uh

I wish I had some goetta right now or maybe a pile of bacon. Or maybe goetta wrapped in bacon scrambled into a four egg omelet. I'm so hungry. All I've eaten today is grapefruit.

Jenny said...

My dad grew up on that nastiness and he calls it "gutta". I say "getta" cuz it will get ya sick. Chocolate chip pancakes from I-HOP or french toast with grape jelly and powder sugar are by far more appetizing than goetta.

Helen Ann said...

My favorite meal of the day is....Dessert!! :)

I got a waffle maker from Free Cycle this week. I had 4 waffles for dessert after my dinner..Yum! I feel like I have a real kitchen now.

Unknown said...

Jenny Jenny Jenny... A goetta and cheese omelette from Price Hill Chili is one of the finest things in life.

Jenny said...

Steve, that's disgusting. I will pray for you. :p