A LOVE WINS Opportunity...

DSC_0022

"Love Wins." is a bit of a mantra around our church. We say it loud and proud, but sometimes it's hard to live out. I need reminders.

1 Corinthians 13:4-8 says:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails.

Another way to sum up what this scripture says is this: LOVE WINS.

Love triumphs over all things. Love beats hate. Love can even overcome death as displayed by a peasant King hanging on a cross. LOVE WINS.

When you're upset with someone, just remember...LOVE WINS.

If you're thinking it would be best to go after revenge and really hurt them back. LOVE WINS.

Do you have a habit of correcting people constantly? Do you always need to be right and it's hurting your relationships? LOVE WINS.

Stuck in an impossible situation where you just don't know what to do? LOVE WINS.

We all have the power to choose and it seems the more I choose to love, the more I win. It's pretty simple in concept, but difficult to carry out. Reminders are helpful.

Tracy, A friend from church and fellow reader, has come up with a simple idea to be a reminder to those of us who so easily forget. She had a large batch of LOVE WINS bracelets made up and I want to give you all an opportunity to share in the idea.

DSC_0021

We have at least 500 LOVE WINS bracelets available for $3 each. If you're interested in getting one...or twenty six....simply choose what color you would like and send a paypal payment over to Tracy @ tfries1[at]fuse.net - Just replace the [at] with an @. We'll take care of sending them out to you wherever you are...umm...at least in the United States that is.

It's easy!

Sign in to www.paypal.com

Click on the "send money" tab and fill in Tracy's email address and $3 for each LOVE WINS bracelet you want. Click on goods.

Picture 2

The next screen will give you an opportunity to type in what color you would like in the message box.

Picture 4

There are 10 colors to choose from.

*Light blue (Teal)
*Dark Blue
*Pink
*Purple
*Light Red
*Dark Red
*White
*Camo
*Grey
*Yellow

Your $3 will cover the paypal fees and shipping costs to you. You can feel free to donate more money if you would like to as all funds from these bracelets will go towards our community. NO ONE WILL MAKE MONEY FROM THESE!!...well...I guess paypal will. Make sure your shipping address is correct on the account and we'll get the bracelets sent over to you soon.

Many of you asked about ways to give towards Refuge...our coffeehouse project. This would be one way to do that. Buy them now as they won't last long!

Let me know if you've got any questions!

Love Wins,
Ryan

20 waggish utterances thus far...:

Brad Ruggles said...

Thanks! I just ordered mine.

Cindy said...

Thanks!

I just ordered 2!

Cindy
www.captivethoughts.net

Tracie said...

Did you get to meet my husband (the real one) and my son?
How was the weekend?

Ashley Malefyt said...

That's the motto at our church here in grandville/grand rapids, michigan. Mars Hill. I think it's a great reminder.

Erin said...

Hmmm purple will have to suffice for now. I'll probably end up with a good handful to color coordinate. Or give out. Who knows! Can't wait to get it!

Ryan Detzel said...

Thanks Brad and Cindy!

@Tracie - I did get to meet them and they did an amazing job this weekend!

@Ashley - We have been big fans of Rob Bell and Mars Hill for some time now. We studied their systems a few years ago and have visited Mars Hill several times. Great church you're a part of!

Ryan Detzel said...

Thanks Erin!

MooBeeMa said...

Um. Yeh. You're gonna need to make a LOT more of those bracelets once my friends see them. I ordered 10 but I should-a ordered more.

Ryan Detzel said...

Thanks MooBeeMa - Tell them all! We can always make more.

Debbie said...

Just ordered mine. Thanks for making these available -they are a wonderful reminder of what Christianity is.

melissa said...

Hi! Came here through PW and your killer carbonara post.

Just wanted to say that "Love wins" is a beautiful way to think and a philosophy I do live every day. Obviously, like you said, it takes reminders (and PRACTICE) but once you start getting it down, it sure makes like a lot more wonderful.

Heading off to paypal...

Tonya said...

Hey Ryan just wanted to let you know I made your Pasta Carbonara that was posted on pioneer woman cookd today and it is fantastic. Thank you for sharing with us.

Michelle said...

MMMmmmm...I can't wait to try your Pasta Carbonara!

Kelsea said...

This is entirely random, and I'm sorry. But I was looking at your Flickr, and you know the pictures of the gnomes?

You've completely stripped me of my childhood joy. Do you happen to remember the show David the Gnome? Used to watch it religiously. No longer will I ever view him the same way... Haha.

Thank you, Ryan.

DeborahB said...

Cool! Just ordered a dark red one. Thanks!!

Bonnie said...

I think this every time I start to get into an argument with my son. And I just go over and give him big hugs and kisses. Seems to cool everything down real fast.

Christina M. Knudsen! said...

Like many, I'm sure, I came to your blog through "Pastor Ryan Cooks" at Pioneer Woman and I am so glad! Thank you for this post. I've ordered two bracelets and will be visiting your blog, well, probably at least once a day! I think it's something I've been looking for.

Cindy said...

Got my bracelets yesterday!!

Cindy
www.captivethoughts.net

Kelly said...

Whoo-hoo! Got my bracelets today. My son and I are wearing them with pride. Can't wait to show them off at work and school tomorrow. Thanks!!!

barefootnikki said...

I don't live in the States right now... think i can add extra $ to get it shipped to Bermuda?
peace
Nikki